Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Life's Schedule - Full of Laughter!!

Can laughter be scheduled? I don't know but I'm willing to be a guinea pig and try! Last week at my Wed. night yoga/meditation the yoga leader had us do a little bit of laughing yoga. In my past life I might have poo-poohed such an idea but this year - THE YEAR OF BEING RIDICULOUS - I'm giving it a chance.

After years of being told by Reader's Digest that "Laughter is the Best Medicine" I am attempting to HEAL myself with laughter: laughing with friends, laughing at video clips (Monthy Python etc), laughing at books & movies, playing games, laughing at standup comedians on Netflix, laughing at silly cartoons and finally - Laughing YOGA!!

The video below should come with a "hysterically funny" warning! The fellow in the video is Dr. Madan Kataria - the inventor of Laughing Yoga.  Always the skeptic I surprised myself by laughing til I cried as I watched - I don't think I could ever be successful though at "laughing soundlessly" as he tried to do in this video. The funny thing is I felt like I was right in the room with Dr. Kataria - an intimate bond was created by joining in and his laughter (as is often the case) was contagious!


Tonight I'm attending my first full session of  "Laughing Yoga with two friends plus there is an upcoming free workshop on the topic coming up in another month. Apparently one's stress level and depressed negative thoughts can be helped a great deal through laughter. I'll get back to you...

3 comments:

  1. I do beleive laughing is a way to heal in all ways. Physical, emotional, spiritual. Comedy and tragedy are back to back for a reason. There is an old Swedish Proverb, "If you can laugh at it, you can live with it." I grew up laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We laugh all the time... well except when we're not. But I don't know if I can force laughter... Ok, I guess I can. But not for extended periods of time, because my family will have me committed. Let me know how your evening goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine is currently getting certified to teach laughing yoga... I bet you'll feel like a million bucks afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!